Welcome to "Phonemic Awareness: The Key to Decoding and Encoding"
My name is Jennifer Militzer-Kopperl, and I am the author of The Roadmap to Literacy. Renewal of Literacy Edition. "Phonemic Awareness: The Key to Decoding and Encoding" shows you how to teach phonemic awareness, or the capacity to work with individual speech sounds or phonemes, to make sure students have a solid foundation for reading (decoding) and spelling (encoding).
Make learning to read and spell easy by training phonemic awareness!
Rudolf Steiner, founder of Waldorf education, gave explicit instructions to train the capacity of phonemic awareness but precious little information on how to do so.
"Phonemic Awareness: The Key to Decoding and Encoding rectifies the situation. It shows exactly how to do so--and provides a free assessment tool to help you determine how well students can work with phonemic awareness.
The Phonemic Awareness Course is Based on My Roadmap to Literacy Books
The Roadmap to Literacy introduces this important concept . . .
The Roadmap to Literacy: Renewal of Literacy Edition expands on it--and presents the indications of Rudolf Steiner, founder of Waldorf education!
Curriculum for Phonemic Awareness: The Key to Decoding and Encoding
- Introducing Materialization Techniques
- Materialization Technique 1 Shouting Out Rhyming Words (6:51)
- Materialization Technique 2 Hand Spelling (7:03)
- Materialization Technique 3 Stretchable Fabric (13:19)
- Materialization Technique 4 Finger Spelling (8:25)
- Materialization Technique 5 Sound and Letter Boxes (12:01)
- Materialization Technique 6 Word sorting (10:49)
- Materialization Technique 7 Symbol Imagery Exercises (18:32)
- Quiz for Materialization Techniques
Excellent reading and spelling are possible in Waldorf classrooms . . .
When students master the keys to capacities, particularly phonemic awareness and symbol imagery, they can rock phonics instruction AND remember the spellings of irregular words!
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses, bundles, and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific product.